An elevator pitch is a short summary used to quickly and simply define your product or service and its Unique Selling Proposition. It should be brief, persuasive, interesting, memorable and succinct in order to spark interest in what you do.
How is your elevator pitch, does it excite you…if it doesn’t then how can it possibly excite others??
You need to ensure to:
- Explain what you do- what problem do you solve, add a statistic?
- Communicate your Unique Selling Proposition – what is unique about you?
- Engage with an open question – might just be a rhetorical question?
- Remember to practice, practice, practice! Practice makes perfect and the more you practice, the more natural your pitch will become.
- Don’t forget the importance of body language….how you say it is just as important as what you say!
What do you think of Josh’s? Fast …but is it memorable, persuasive and interesting and does it spark your interest?